A few weeks ago we were enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures here in Virginia, but this week we've been suffering through unseasonably cold temperatures. The perfect kind of weather to enjoy a steamy cup of creamy hot chocolate, but not just any hot chocolate, a thick, rich, completely indulgent mug made with creamy coconut milk.
Coconut Hot Chocolate
Makes 2 servings
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 1/2 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (in the 60-70% range)
- Pour entire contents of canned coconut milk into a 2-cup glass measure (don't be alarmed if your can contains clear liquid as well as a creamy white solidified layer).
- Microwave for several 30-second bursts, stirring between each, until hot and completely liquified.
- Add chopped chocolate and allow to soften for several minutes to soften before whisking to combine completely (if any chocolate chunks remain unmelted, gently heat a bit more and whisk again).
- Pour into mugs and enjoy